· Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.
· The Lord God is subtle, but malicious he is not.
· True art is characterized by an irresistible urge in the creative artist.
· The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.
· You can't solve a problem with the same kind of thinking that created it.
· Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value.
· A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security.
· It is high time that the idea of success be replaced by the idea of service.
· Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important.
Posted on 2007.03.07 at 19:51 Current Mood: complacent
I've not had much time and patience to be on the computer as I have been spending a lot of time working on my new blog and pictures on Flickr. My autism/life blog can be found at :http://numbnessallowed.blogspot.com/ My flickr account can be found under cicidia which I use here. Everything is going quite well. I am working though have not been entirely healthy. I am still waiting impatiently on the status of my job and I don't know when the notice will come through. Sigh.Weekends have been busy going here and there taking photos with Jeremy and the kids enjoy having a person who understands them and can play with them when asked. Jeremy will be here until April29th. I do not look forward to that day.
I had put this on my flickr page but I really wanted to post it here.Autism can affect all kinds of people. This is my little autie. Ty has Asperger's just like his mom. Funny I don't think Mercury had anything at all to do with that... no genetic link indeed.....
Posted on 2007.01.27 at 13:02 Current Mood: contemplative
Poets and mystics tell us that love is the energy that animates all life... I could surely and sorely need that animation. It has been difficult living alone these past few months and I am surely needing my time with Jeremy.
Four days left, and I am almost there. Love may be blind, but a relationship requires one to be observant. There is so much to learn and teach. I want to be able to build on the relationship we had before as we have kinda shelved some things for lack of technology assistance, and some lack of physical closeness.
Don't get me wrong, I am as ever in love with Jeremy.When we first found each other, I felt I had my beginning to be something I hadn't been and almost forgot about. I want for things to be perfect, and that in itself is so frustrating knowing that I can never have "the perfect" I would so desire to have in my mind, due to lack of function and funds. Sad really that I am so poor. But I will be there when he gets here, and will try and make the best of what I can.